Required Information & Fees
To set up service with Anderson City Utilities (ACU), you will need the following:
- A government issued, up-to-date photo ID for all residents at the service address listed on the lease
- If you are renting, a copy of the lease agreement listing all residents residing at the service address who are listed on the lease
- If purchasing the property, Proof of Ownership is required (a document such as Contract Purchase, Deed or Bill of Sale)
- Deposits are determined by credit checks and the type of services rendered. They can run anywhere from $0 - $420. Credit checks can be waived if the customer has established a good credit history with ACU
- Commercial / Business deposits:
- 1/6th of the annual average bill for electric and water.
- High volume users may be required to pay two months average, estimated usage
For deposits, we accept only cash, money order, credit card, or debit card. We do not accept personal checks for deposits. We also do not accept any document that has been altered or is expired.