We encourage the construction industry to contact us with any questions relative to permitting or contractor licensing. Our staff engages in the best practices and methods to ensure all construction and demolition activity is regulated in an efficient and effective manner for the benefit and welfare of the city.
- Coordinating general inspection relative to complaints received and maintain an unsafe structure listing
- Coordinating improvement inspections relative to permits issued. Also, responsible for coordinating final inspections that include city engineer’s office and fire department.
- Issuance of trade licenses to approved electrical, HVAC, and plumbing contractors.
- Gathering complaints about safety or code violations, hazardous trees, uninhabitable or derelict houses and buildings, and other building violations.
- Issuing permits for new construction trade installations (electrical, HVAC, and plumbing), also including:
- Alarm installations
- Equipment placement
- Exterior or interior remodeling
- Mobile home placements
- Pool or spa installations
- Sprinkler systems
- Tank removal or installations
- Utility service connections